Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill® (“Jack Astor’s”®) presents the ‘Eat Me’ Promotion (the “Contest/Sweepstake”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKE RULES
** MUST BE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN YOUR RESIDENT PROVINCE OR STATE OR OLDER TO
PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE
WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Entry into this Contest/Sweepstakes constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
- CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKE PERIOD: This Contest/Sweepstake will commence on Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. and end on Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT) (the “Contest/Sweepstake Period”), while supplies last.
- HOW TO ENTER:
1) Attend any participating Jack Astor’s in Canada or Buffalo, New York, purchase a food or beverage item and ask your server for a specially marked Contest crayon (each a “Crayon”), while supplies last. Each Crayon will have an unwrap option (each an “Unwrap”) printed on the Crayon wrapper (the “Crayon Wrapper”).
2) Each Unwrap will reveal an ‘Instant Win’ or a ‘PIN Code’ message printed on the Crayon Wrapper. An Instant Win Unwrap will reveal the specific prize to be won. All Instant Win prizes must be claimed by October 31, 2019.
3) The Instant Win will consist of the following language:
Either a) WINNER! Free Starter; or
b) WINNER! Free Dessert; or
c) WINNER! Free Kids Meal
d) WINNER! 15% offGift Cards (not available in Quebec or Buffalo, New York)
If you receive a six digit PIN Code on the Crayon Wrapper, go to www.jackseatme.com, (the “Contest Website”)
register your account and enter the six digit PIN code for a chance to win a Grand Prize. NO PURCHASE IS
NECESSARY. To enter without purchase compose a short 50-100 word essay as to why you should win one of the Eat Me Contest/Sweepstakes Grand Prizes and mail your submission to Jack Astor’s Eat Me Contest, 200-5360 South Service Road, Burlington, ON L7L 5L1 with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a Crayon will be sent out in the return envelope. Entries are limited to one per person per day but it must be accompanied with a newly worded essay with each entry. Deadline to enter without a purchase must be postmarked by August 6, 2019 and received by August 13, 2019.
4) NOTE Jack Astor’s reserves the right to limit the distribution of Crayons to one (1) Crayon per guest check per visit with the purchase of any food or beverage item or one (1) Crayon per person per submission for no purchase entry.
- PRIZE:There are 201,600 Instant Win prizes available to be won. You can win either a ‘Shareable’ food item valued up to $15.99 (ARV), a ‘Dessert’ item valued up to $9.99 (ARV), or a “Kids Meal’ item valued up to $12.00 (ARV), or a 15% off a Jack Astor’s Gift Card online purchase (ARV dependent on the value of the gift card purchased) (collectively “Instant Win Prizes”, each an “Instant Win Prize”). There are three (3) Grand prizes to be won: one (1) $10,000 Jack Astor’s gift card, valued at $10,000 (ARV); one (1) Jack Astor’s branded 1984 Dodge 600 convertible valued at $5,000 or the option of the cash equivalent in lieu of the Dodge 600 valued at $5,000 (ARV); one (1) trip for two to St. Louis, Missouri. Details of trip to be mutually set up with the St. Louis Prize Winner (as defined below) to be valued at approximately $3,500 (ARV), (the “St. Louis Grand Prize”) (collectively the “Grand Prizes” each a “Grand Prize”). The St. Louis Grand Prize will not include travel insurance, non-included service gratuities, personal spending, travel to or from the winner’s residence to their closest international airport. The ARV is represented in Canadian dollars. The Instant Win Prize winners (the ‘Instant Win Prize Winners”) and Grand Prize winners (the “Grand Prize Winners”) are not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual value and stated value of the Instant Win or Grand Prizes. Once the Grand Prize Winners have been drawn they will each be contacted from the telephone or email registration information on the eligible online entry. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to be contacted after 3 attempts with two days between each attempt, he or she forfeits the Grand Prize and another entrant may, at the sole discretion of SIR Corp. operating as Jack Astor’s (the “Sponsor”), be selected from the eligible online entries. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion and as more specifically defined below. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a portion of any part of Prize if necessary at their discretion. They also reserve the right to substitute a Prize with equivalent monetary value if a Prize or any part of a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Sponsor will not be responsible, however, if factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, winner will not be provided with a substitute Prize or cash equivalent. Prizes will only be released to the verified Prize Winners.
From all eligible online entries for the Grand Prizes received during the Contest/Sweepstake Period three (3) random draws will take place on Friday, September 6, 2019 at 12:00 noon (the “Draw Date”). The Grand Prizes will be drawn in this order – first: the St. Louis Grand Prize; second: the Jack’s branded 1984 Dodge 600 convertible; third: the Jack Astor’s $10,000 gift card will be drawn. Draws will be done at the offices of Shelter Digital located at 7 Langen Gate, Stouffville, Ontario L4A 0Y4 (the “Promotional Agency”).
||APPROX. # OF CRAYONS DISTRIBUTED
Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize is 1 in 1. The initial odds to win a PIN crayon are 1 in 202, and then the odds of winning a Grand Prize is 1 in 334. The Instant Win Prizes cannot be redeemed at the same dining visit the Instant Win Prize is awarded but on a subsequent dining visit up to and including September 30, 2019. See Unwrap for more details. Alcohol does not form part of the Prize.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win an Instant Win Prize, you must: (i) be a resident of Canada or the state of New York. 15% off Instant Win Prize is not available in Quebec or Buffalo, New York locations; (ii) be of legal drinking age in your resident province/state or older; and (iii) correctly answer a mathematical skill- testing question without assistance to be administered by the Sponsor (unless you are a resident of the State of New York). In the event a person under the legal drinking age receives an Instant Win Prize, they are permitted to transfer such Instant Win Prize to their parent or legal guardian, who will then be able to redeem the Instant Win Prize. To be eligible to win a Grand Prize (excluding the St. Louis Grand Prize), you must: (i) be a resident of Canada or the state of New York; (ii) be of legal drinking age in your resident province/state or older; (iii) correctly answer a mathematical skill- testing question without assistance to be administered by the Sponsor (unless you are a resident of the State of New York). To be eligible to win the St. Louis Grand Prize you must: (i) be a resident of Canada or the state of New York; (ii) be at least 21 years of age; (iii) have a valid passport to travel in to the United States if not a US resident; iv) be legally able to enter the United States; v) be able to travel the mutually decided upon dates; and vi) correctly answer a mathematical skill- testing question without assistance to be administered by the Sponsor (unless you are a resident of the State of New York). In the event that a Prize claimant receives a PIN Code for a Grand Prize and does not meet all the above eligibility requirements, that Prize claimant may be permitted to transfer the Grand Prize to their spouse, parent, sibling, child or legal guardian who do meet the requirements, who will then be considered the eligible Prize Winner.
You are not eligible to win, if you are: a) an employee of the Sponsor, or an employee of each of their respective affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, any participating restaurants or Contest/Sweepstake judging organization; b) an employee of Labatt Brewing Company Ltd., (the “St. Louis Grand Prize Suppliers”); c) an employee or contractor of a provincial or state liquor authority, a beer, wine or spirt distribution company; or d) a member of the immediate family (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouse, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the above persons.
- RELEASES, ETC.: The Grand Prize Winners will be required to execute a Full and Final Release releasing the
Sponsor and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, the Contest/Sweepstake judging
organization, the Prize Suppliers, the provincial/state liquor authorities, beverage alcohol distribution companies,
parent companies and affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, shareholders, officers,
owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”)
from any liability in connection with this Contest/Sweepstake or the Grand Prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the release provided in paragraph 5 above, and for greater certainty, the Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest/Sweepstake, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or the receipt and collection thereof; or c) any damage to any of the Prize Winner’s personal or real property as a result of use of the Prize.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering this Contest/Sweepstake, PIN code entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest/Sweepstake. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winners consent to the collection, use and disclosure to the public of their name, address (city and province/state only), voice, statements and photographs or other likenesses for publicity purposes by the Sponsor in connection with the Contest/Sweepstake in any media or formats including, but not limited to, the Internet and all social media platforms, without further notice, permission or compensation. Personal information will not otherwise be used or disclosed without consent.
- ERRORS, ETC.: Any online ballots or other materials used in this Contest/Sweepstake that have been tampered with, mutilated, altered, forged, reproduced, not legitimately obtained, are illegible or which contain or reflect printing, production or other errors will be void.
- RIGHT TO TERMINATE OR AMEND: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend the terms of this Contest/Sweepstake, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice for any reason or if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Contest/Sweepstake Rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor or any Contest/Sweepstake judging organization as designated by them, are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest/Sweepstake. Sponsor and other Releasees will not be responsible for illegible, incomplete, lost, misdirected or late entries which will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Contest/Sweepstake is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/state and municipals laws.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules in English or other statements contained in any other Contest/Sweepstakes related materials, including but not limited to the French version of these Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules, the Prize Full and Final Release form and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising (including without limitation the mini version of these Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules that appear in relation to any Contest/Sweepstakes material as listed above then the English version shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the event the Sponsor becomes aware of any such discrepancy or inconsistency, the Sponsor will make the necessary correction and place a notice on the Contest Website.
Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest/Sweepstake and any future Contest/Sweepstake or other promotion conducted by the Sponsor, any individual that they find or believe to be not in compliance with these Official Contest/Sweepstake Rules, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest/Sweepstake or any of its technical or mechanical elements; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY USED AS PART OF THIS CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST/SWEEPSTAKE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues, disputes and/or questions concerning the validity and/or enforceability of these rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant or Releasees in connection with the Contest/Sweepstake, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario.
- LIQUOR AUTHORITIES: The provincial/state liquor authorities are not connected with this Contest/Sweepstake in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way whatsoever with regard to any matter relating to this Contest/Sweepstake.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest/Sweepstake may be submitted to the régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
NEW YORK STATE RESIDENTS: All federal, state and local taxes on the Prize are the responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.